Top 5 Beauty Tips Which Will Make a REAL Difference including using silk sleep masks
We all know the obvious routine which is to cleanse, moisturise and drink lots of water to hydrate your skin and hair. So here are 5 top tips which will help to keep your skin and hair at its optimum best from the inside and out, including the use of silk sleep masks.
1. Number one rule – always protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun and photo-ageing by wearing an SPF with UVA and UVB protection. You can also buy hair products which protect your hair from the damaging effects of UV rays.
The sun can dry your skin and hair out, but the damage is not always seen immediately, over time it will start to surface so it’s never too late.
2. Take a supplement of Omega-3 oil, which is a fatty acid that keeps skin and hair nourished. If you are lacking healthy fats in your diet, it can cause dry skin and hair, it can also cause dandruff and an itchy scalp.
3. Try to keep your central heating to a minimum or use a humidifier to put moisture back in the air. Warm air saps moisture from your skin and hair, which accelerates the ageing process.
4. Sleep on a natural silk pillow case such as Silkskin™’s to maintain moisture levels in your skin and hair. Cotton and other man-made fibres draw moisture away, whereas silk maintains moisture levels.
The Silkskin™ pillowcase is designed especially for skin and hair benefits, it’s hand finished with no added dyes or chemicals giving you extra anti-ageing benefits.
5. Lack of sleep can cause skin to age. While you are sleeping your skin recovers and heals from the stress of the day. Skin will re-generate new cells to keep it plump and hydrated. Try using a Silkskin™ silk eye mask (sometimes called sleep masks) which blocks out all light and contains natural lavender. Lavender is well known and proven to help with insomnia and fatigue.