Dry, frizzy hair can have many causes such as over-treatment, diet, weather, age and hormones. Here are our top 10 tips to help keep your hair in good condition. Including using a silk pillow slip for frizzy hair.
Top 10 tips (including using a silk pillow slip)
- Make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals in your diet. Just like your skin, your hair needs nutrients to help the health and condition.
- Try to cut down on the amount of times you use straightening irons and hair dryers It’s a good idea to let your hair dry naturally as often as you can.
- Brush your hair upside down to distribute the natural oils more evenly.
- When buying shampoo and conditioner check the label. Make sure there are no harsh chemicals like sulphates, these could leave your hair and scalp in worse condition.
- Try to keep stress to a minimum as it can increase cortisol levels which have a negative impact on your hair. Meditation and deep breathing are great stress relievers.
- Massage your scalp to increase blood flow and natural oil, not too hard as this can cause follicle damage making hair fall out. There is evidence to suggest that scalp massage can help to stimulate hair growth.
- Always condition your hair every time you wash it to seal in moisture. Use a good natural hair mask once or twice a week.
- Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated, your scalp will thank you for it too.
- Avoid hair colours which contain ammonia if possible, as ammonia can damage your scalp.
- Always sleep on the original Silkskin™ silk pillow slip for frizzy hair to see all of the benefits to help towards healthy hair.
Obviously, we’re a bit biased on the last point! We do firmly believe, however, that our natural products can help to keep the frizz at bay and maintain moisture in your hair.
Let us know your thoughts and top tips for preventing those bad hair days!